DLZ Bind Support

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Apr 2, 2015.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

hello
    In ispconfig directory, there a bind_dlz_plugin.inc.php file.
    Can you configure it?
    If it is so, how?
    Thank you for your help
    Mz

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This plugin is outdated. Ispconfig uses now its internal replication for multiserver bind setups and does not use bind dlz anymore. You can try if the plugin still works, but it has not been tested with ispconfig 3.0.5.

3. misterm

Till, ok, I understand the words that you told me.
    BUT, you tell me, I can test it, yes, but HOW there to there a update to bind on the package, or is it nothing DO.
    How to test the file in ISPConfig, is that the symbolic link is created in the "plugins-enabled".
    There in there a tab in the administration of ISPConfig to test the plugins?
    Thank you for your help TILL
    Yours
    Mz

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the code of the plugin, it probably requires that you add another database for bind under a specific name. So the first step is that ou create that database and make it accessible from ispconfig mysql user. Then install bind dlz and configure it to use this database. Then enable the plugin by creating a symlink in plugins-enabled directory.

But this setup will just give you less functions then using the standard bind config and has no benefits, so I wont do that on my servers.

5. misterm

As you link Till
    A tutorial link package ...
    config Debian
    Yours
    Mz

6. misterm

7. misterm