DNS 2 Debian servers

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by madmac007, Mar 11, 2013.

1. madmac007

madmac007 New Member

Hi all,
    built 2 dns servers according to this howto
    http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-ru...and-secondary-with-ispconfig-3-debian-squeeze, and
    This howto" http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-squeeze-with-bind-and-courier-ispconfig-3 "

In my Test environment ( ESXi 5 VMware server ), everything works great, creating zones on master, are replicated to secondary.

So now when I have to reset IP address (real external IP`s )on the two server, the replication fails.
    I have edited the /etc/hosts files to show now correct external IP on both machines.

What else do I need to do to bring this out of test environment to go " Live "
    with external IP address`s

I am guessing its a mysql problem?
    Thanks all
    madmac

2. madmac007

madmac007 New Member

wot no reply?

Cummon peeps,
    Some one must know howto revert from the testing IP install to static ip.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. madmac007

madmac007 New Member

Got it

Well, figured it out

Basicall just re-run the items below but change the test IP address`s for real ones.
    and replacee fake server name with real ones in mysql and /etc/hosts file.
    Also rerun this
    echo my.example.com > /etc/hostname
    /etc/init.d/hostname.sh start

to change the mysql:
    mysql -u root -p

On the MySQL shell, run the following queries:

CREATE USER 'root'@'1.2.3.5' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootsqlpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'1.2.3.5' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrrootsqlpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'myserver.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootsqlpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'myserver.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootsqlpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Thank you to all at this excellent site