DNS - call script to created named.conf entries on secondaries

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cstone, Sep 12, 2005.

1. cstone

cstone New Member

I need to insert a script call into ISPConfig such that when a new domain is created the script is run which will add the information for the domain in another server's named.conf file. Trouble is that I am having difficulty in determining where to insert my script call. From what I've been able to figure out, it might be in the dns class file for the dns->make_zonefile function.

Can anyone enlighten me on where to do this? Am I on the right track?

Chris

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you mean a new domain in the DNS-Manager (SOA) or a new domain (website)?

3. cstone

cstone New Member

I have a shell script that will ssh into my secondary DNS servers and add an entry in that named.conf file for a new domain, pointing the master back to the ispconfig server. What I need to do now is to add a call in the ispconfig scripts such that when a new domain is created in the DNS Manager (and/or elsewhere in ispconfig if this is done elsewhere also), my script is run. Needing to know which script and where in ispconfig the domain zone file creation occurs so I can insert a call to my shell script there.

Chris

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

This happens in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_bind.lib.php.

5. cstone

cstone New Member

Ok, thanks - that's where I was headed to dig around and find a place to insert the call to my shell script.

Appreciate it.....