DNS GUI using cached info???

Discussion in 'General' started by b1tg0d, Mar 6, 2014.

1. b1tg0d

b1tg0d New Member

Hello all,

I'm new to ISPconfig 3. After a fresh install I was having trouble getting DNS to work the way I wanted. Rather than fool around with the GUI I decided to edit my settings manually /var/named/pri.youdomain.com

service named restart

Everything worked fine and now my DNS is setup exactly how I want it. But when I logged in as admin to ISPconfig and checked the DNS configuration I was surprised to see the old settings were being displayed and none of the manual changes I made were being reflected.

My question is, is there a setting where I can clear the cache and load all the actual file configurations into the GUI or is there a cmd I can run that will refresh everything?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry if this has been covered before I couldn't find it.

2. Nicram

Nicram Member HowtoForge Supporter

As far as i understand how ISPConfig work, the things you put inside GUI are stored in database. After that some php script read those data and put them inside config files (named for example). It do not work inversely, so you must achieve the things you want from GUI. ISPConfig do not have option to read data from config file. It is good, because even if some config file will be broken, you may always repeat step to recreate it with ispconfig.