DNS Manager bug?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by erebus, Nov 6, 2007.

1. erebus

erebus New Member

Hello,

I have the following problem with DNS Manager:

1) In my main domain, I cannot change the priority of the MX server. It is set to 50 and I want to set it to 10. The error message says that "this or a similar record already exists".

2) If I delete the MX record with priority 50, I cannot set it back unless I choose a new priority (i.e. 60) and this only if I have never used the same priority for this record again in the past (even if I have already deleted it).

3) I cannot add a second MX record if I have already used this record in the past. Only irrelevant (never used) records can be added.

Of course my Recycle bin is empty before trying to do any modifications. Can somebody please have a look at this on a non-production server as I am unable to provide more testing on this? (my only ISPConfig server is a production one and I was trying for more that an hour to fix a broken setup here).

I will try it again after some time and post the results.

Thank you,

P.S. Using the latest stable (2.2.18).

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check all recycle bin's in the dns manager. The recycle bins in dns manager and isp-manager are independant, so you must empty the recycle bin's in the dns manager part.

3. erebus

erebus New Member

Hello till, thanks for your reply.

I meant DNS Manager's Recycle Bin in the above post, and it was always clear. However, just to be sure, I 've checked ISP Manager's Recycle Bin also -- it was clear too.

However the problem persists with both Recycle Bins empty.

What I have now as MX records:

50 nemesis.web.tld

and I am trying to add:

60 mail.web.tld

Also changing nemesis.web.tld priority, fails too.

4. erebus

erebus New Member

Sorry to bother you again by the problem still persists. Can you please let me know why I can't even change my MX priority? ISPConfig says that I already have a similar entry -- however I just want to edit the existing one at this point.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think it was working for me when I last checked, but I'll check again.