DNS module - Wrong QuerySQL-Query

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tsapi, Mar 14, 2022.

1. tsapi

tsapi New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi!
    I have been running an ispconfig server for the past many, many years and I had to migrate it to a new server (thanks a lot btw for a great piece of software and your support to open software)
    The old server was debian 10 (after all upgrades) and ispconfig was installed using "the perfect server tutorial" of that time and as much as I can remember I did no (or at least minimal) manual interventions (as I prefer things to be as stock as possible for 'least surprise' reasons).
    The new server is debian 11 and I installed ispconfig with the autoinstaller script. I migrated using the ispconfig migration scipt (with which I had several glitches actually).
    Anyway, I am ironing things out now in the new server and have some problems. I will use a separate thread for each problem, for tidier future reference for other people (if you'd prefer it in one single thread, please merge them).
    I receive lots of emails from ispconfig with subject "WARNING - Falsche Anfrage / Wrong Q..." and body: "my.server.com - 14.03.2022-19:24 - WARNING - Falsche Anfrage / Wrong QuerySQL-Query = UPDATE named.records SET zone = 'myzone.com', ttl = '86400', primary_ns = 'my.server.com.', resp_contact = 'jim.smith.com.', serial = '2022031407', refresh = '28800', retry = '7200', expire = '604800', minimum = '86400' WHERE ispconfig_id = '1' AND type = 'SOA' -> 1142 (UPDATE command denied to user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' for table 'records')
    The DNS server functions correctly, that means that all changes etc that I make to the zones actually take place, despite the complaining emails.
    I searched for this problem and I found https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5043
    According to that the solution is to simply rm /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/bind_dlz_plugin.inc.php
    (the bind plugin is already enabled as I can see the symlink of bind_plugin.inc.php in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/
    Am I correct?
    BTW, I am pretty damn sure that I never enabled any sort of plugin in my old ispconfig setup. How could that bind_dlz_plugin have appeared?
    Anyway, TIA,
    basilis, aka tsapi

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, delete the symlink.

That's a good question, I checked the code of the function and it returns false (hardcoded) in the onOInstall function, so it should never be activated during installation.

3. tsapi

tsapi New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I just checked the filesystem of my old ispconfig installation. The bind_dlz_plugin is available but it is not enabled. That means that it somehow got enabled (by the autoinstall script? by the migration tool? I really don't know, but I definitely didn't enable it myself - I didn't even know it existed).
    Just to let you know.

4. SirAdams

SirAdams New Member

I have the same problem, second time.