DNS not propagating to world DNS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Mikeal Wolfe, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Mikeal Wolfe

Mikeal Wolfe New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have installed a new ubuntu 22.04 cloud server with ISPConfig 3.2.11 and have configured DNS zone with a reverse zone. When perform a dig to the public address it returns everything correctly but propagating out. This was working perfectly on my servers that were on a residential circuit but not sure what I did differently. One thing to note is Leipzig, Germany sees my domain's correct IPv4 and IPv6 address, MX record, SOA record, but nobody else can.

Any ideas what I should look at first?

2. MaxT

MaxT Active Member

3. Mikeal Wolfe

Still not working for some reason. Only one place in the world has the correct information and it is now in Spain not Germany...
    Is there any DNS troubleshooting guides/tutorials for the Perfect Server on Ubuntu 22.04 with ISPConfig as far as verifying configuration of the named.conf / named.conf.options forwarders, interface name server settings, etc??

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use intodns.com to check your zone, it will show you if there is something wrong with your DNS setup like non matching data between primary and secondary dns.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

zonemaster.net is also a valuable tool.

MaxT and ahrasis like this.
  6. Mikeal Wolfe

so the problem is with linode and I ended up having to use their dns management. what a pain. thanks for all y'alls help!

7. remkoh

remkoh Active Member

So what you're saying is that with linode you can't setup custom dns servers?
    Time to transfer your domain to somewhere else then.
    There are not much registrars that don't support custom dns servers so plenty to choose from.
    Keep in mind when choosing that there are a few which don't support dnssec if custom dns servers are being used.