DNS not resolving to IP

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by woolyg, Dec 20, 2009.

1. woolyg

woolyg New Member

Hi All,

I'm new to the forums. I've recently finished the excellent tutorial at http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-9.10-ispconfig-3 and most of my setup seems to be working well.

I've registered a new domain, and registered my static IP address to be the nameservers for that domain (over 4 days ago).

My problem is this. Viewing my public static IP address shows the site, but entering the http://www.mysite.net URL into firefox does not resolve the IP.

I've opened port 53 on my router also, so this seems fine. NSLOOKUP on my domain fail to resolve the name. Can anyone help me? Is this a myDNS thing, do you reckon? I've waited a full 4 days to allow the nameserver registration to take effect before posting here..

Let me know what info you need to help me, and I can post it?

All help much appreciated,

WoolyG

2. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter

o dont know much about this but i can tell you that i have redirected the dns for a url and 10 min later it was working. i would say post your config for dns but i dont really know. i have a dynamic ip and use dnspark to redirect to my ip. i look foward to see what comes of this as i am upgrading my isp soon after the new year to 5 static ip

kwick

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. woolyg

woolyg New Member

It's been ages now, and I'm still having difficulties. Has anyone written a comprehensive "How-To" on creating a site within ISPconfig 3?

Here is my settings (site info blanked and replaced with mysite.net):

[​IMG]

Actual text-based settings:

A 60.xxx.xxx.xxx 0
    A ftp 60.xxx.xxx.xxx 0
    A mail 60.xxx.xxx.xxx 0
    A ns1 60.xxx.xxx.xxx 0
    A ns2 60.xxx.xxx.xxx 0
    A www 60.xxx.xxx.xxx 0
    MX mail.mysite.net. mail.mysite.net. 10
    NS mysite.net. ns1.mysite.net 0
    NS mysite.net. ns2.mysite.net. 0

Can anyone help on this?

All input appreciated.
    WoolyG

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The settings look ok, so its most likely not a ISPConfig problem. I guess your server is just not the authoritive DNS Server for this domain. Please post the real domain name, so we can check this.