DNS Record Bugs

Discussion in 'General' started by kendel, Sep 20, 2010.

1. kendel

kendel New Member

I noticed two things. I correctly created the DNS record with ispconfig 3 and mapped the servers I needed. However I always have to go to the pri.website.com file to add the records at the end of the file... Those SOA records are never created.

Also, record creaded using a Reseller account do not show correctly and must be re-created with an Admin account. (Some server do not show in re-seller account)

Finally, What is the correct way to create an FTP record. Should I use CNAME or A?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not able to reproduce that on my systems, DNS records are created correctly and show up for the correct users withthe current stable release and beta. You should enable debugging in your ispconfig system and check what the problem is.

Thats up to you. I prefer A-records.

3. kendel

kendel New Member

How do I enable debugging, also I will submit a screen shot soon and show you what I mean....

4. till

5. kendel

kendel New Member

I got my email server to work with outlook 2007.
    If I uncheck the encrypted SSL connection it works... but if I check it, it does not work...

Is this a big deal? should I be worried... and How would I turn SSL on?

6. kendel

kendel New Member

One of my clients is requesting I install Blitz php on my web servers for them... Will anything be affected with my current setup?

Are there any guides to pay attention to?:confused:

7. till

Check if smtps line is not commented out in postfix master.cf

8. till

What is blitz php? Link?

9. kendel

kendel New Member

10. till

I dont think that this will cause any problems.

11. kendel

kendel New Member

My server is no longer accepting FTP

It accepts the user name and password but after a while the error message i get is.

[​IMG]

Any ideas?? I tried multiple programs they all times out after accepting the password..

12. till

Might be a problem with your firewall. Try active and passive FTP.

13. kendel

kendel New Member

I got it thx... did a system restore and a hard reboot of my modem... not sure what caused it....:p