DNS records....

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by cswann, Jan 26, 2007.

1. cswann

cswann New Member

Greetings...

even though i have created the websites and dns records as described in your manual my websites are not resolving. I followed the docs very close. i am not new to control panels, have used most for extended periods of time.

1. what occurs when you create dns records via ISPconfig? Does it create or update dns info in the /var/named/(chroot) area, or does it setup somewhere in its own proprietory area? If someone could just describe the sequence of events please maybe i can figure out what is happening.

2. the system is a lot slow updating records. i guess i will be looking for solutions there also. have not checked the forums yet.

Peace!
    -----

went back and reviewed the softeware features......found this. -> Automatic network configuration for new IP Addresses (optional). Now I looking how to aquire the option and if there is a cost. Does anyone know?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  2. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Are the nameservers / IP of you ISPConfig server authoritative for the domains you create? E.g. does the next level authority recognize your nameservers?