DNS server in my new multiserver setup is not updating

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Oct 8, 2016.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Just finished migrating my multiserver system to 3.1 I find my DNS server is not updating. All my records are in the master dbispconfi but not written out to the dns server.

I verified the cron was working on the DNS server and then I tried executing the server update script
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    And when I did I was getting this error. 72.32.55.131 is my dns server and I am running this script on the same server. Not sure what it means if something is wrong my dns server or at the master which is a separate machine:

HP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv2'@'72.32.55.131' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv2'@'72.32.55.131' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85
    Zugriff auf Datenbankserver fehlgeschlagen! / Database server not accessible!finished.
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv2'@'72.32.55.131' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 79
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv2'@'72.32.55.131' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85

2. webguyz

Deleted the DNS server and re-installed and then went into the master DB and re-attached all DNS records to new server-id.

3. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Instead of a re-install you can also adjust the permissions for ispcsrv2'@'72.32.55.131 in mysql.user on the master.

4. webguyz

Thanks Florian,
    I panicked since we are doing a DNS server (3) move tonight. Will dig deeper into this so next time I'll know what to do.

Is there any one document out there that details how the multiserver communications in ISPconfig works. When the slave syncs every minute how they authenticate with master sql server and what happens. The more I use ISPconfig the more impressed I am with it but realize how much more I have to learn.

5. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The slave connects to the master-databases to get it's updates. See /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php for the credentials

6. webguyz

Thanks for the info. Saved my bacon today!!