DNS Server Problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by natheran, Sep 9, 2013.

1. natheran

natheran New Member

Hi,
    Everytime i add a customer the field std. secondary dns Server is filled out automaticly. The Problem: the Server assigned there (the only one i can choose at this Point) is not a DNS-Server. There is only a Webserver and Databaseserver installed. I have two DNS-Servers in my configuration and both are shown under the Point std. Primary dns-server. The Server which stands under secondary is not marked as DNS-Server in ISPConfig. ISPConfig Version is 3.0.5.3.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok. But you have at least one server under System Server services that has dns enabled?

3. natheran

natheran New Member

yes, there are two Servers where DNS is installed and Configured.
    together they are 4:

1x Webserver (only the cp not for customers) with Database (for ISPConfig) and DNS (secondary DNS)
    1x DNS (Primary DNS)
    1x Mailserver
    1x Webserver

4. till

There was a issue in the datasource definition in ispconfig. Upload the attached file to your server, unzip it and then upload the php file that is iside the archive to /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/

Attached Files:

5. natheran

natheran New Member

Solved

Thanks a lot,
    that solved the Problem compleatly

6. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Question: If ns2 is a mirror of ns1, can both default to ns1 on "Default Secondary DNS Server"?

7. till

If ns2 is a mirror of ns1, then you normally do not need any secondary zones at all as ispconfig is mirroring the dns records internally.

yes