DNS string

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cruz, Apr 23, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

Am I supose to enter my (ISP) DNS numbers in the boxes and check the default MX box? Or is it supose to be a DNS from were my domain is.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The DNS Servers (not the IP Address!) are the default servers that where used when ISPConfig creates DNS Records.

3. cruz

cruz New Member

my domain

So what is in ther is corect. My domain is in ther.www.mydomain.com. Then affter my doamin trancfer is compleat, it will point there and get the dns records from then? I had to use no-ip.com because of my static IP. Thanks for sharing your info. Cruz

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you want to use your own DNS servers, you must enter them here. IF your domains are managed by another DNS server, then there's no use using ISPConfig's DNS Manager.

5. cruz

cruz New Member

Sbcs DNS

When I installed the centos, I put in the two ip addresses from my router. (from sbc ). now I am having my domain transferred over to no-ip.com. They will have DNS strings that I can use right? Or will it mess up anything if I do not use the DNS that was installed on the perfect setup of centos5.0. if I were to use the no-ip strings? thanks for the help

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, you won't mess anything up if you don't use ISPConfig's DNS Manager - it's totally optional and needed only if you want to run your own name servers.