DNS Template: also-notify also possible?

Discussion in 'General' started by alienn, Dec 10, 2010.

1. alienn

alienn New Member

Hi,
    right now I have the following template:
    Code:
    [ZONE]
    origin={DOMAIN}.
    ns=ns.domain.de.
    mbox=hostmaster.domain.de.
    refresh=28800
    retry=7200
    expire=604800
    minimum=86400
    ttl=86400

[DNS_RECORDS]
    A|{DOMAIN}.|11.22.33.44|0|86400
    A|www|11.22.33.44|0|86400
    NS|{DOMAIN}.|ns.domain.de.|0|86400
    NS|{DOMAIN}.|ns2.domain.de.|0|86400
    NS|{DOMAIN}.|ns.seconddomain.de.|0|86400
    MX|{DOMAIN}.|mail.domain.de.|10|86400

As ISPConfig is hidden primary for the zones I'd like to include the "Also Notify" and "Allow zone transfer" options also in the template.
    Is this possible and if so how?

Cheers,
    Alienn

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I don't think this is possible, but you can copy the template /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/bind_named.conf.local.master to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/bind_named.conf.local.master and then include your changes in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/bind_named.conf.local.master.

3. spokke

spokke New Member

yes it's possible :)

Hi, i've find a solution for the also_notify field in the dns template (ispconfig3 on Ubuntu )

1. Add to your template, in the [zone] section, the line

also_notify=serveripaddress

2. then edit the file

/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/dns/dns_wizard.php ( make a backup copy of the original :D )

3. after the the line 237 add

$also_notify = $app->db->quote($vars['also_notify']);

4. modify this line

from

$insert_data = "(`sys_userid`, `sys_groupid`, `sys_perm_user`, `sys_perm_group`, `sys_perm_other`, `server_id`, `origin`, `ns`, `mbox`, `serial`, `refresh`, `retry`, `expire`, `minimum`, `ttl`, `active`, `xfer`) VALUES ('$sys_userid', '$sys_groupid', 'riud', 'riud', '', '$server_id', '$origin', '$ns', '$mbox', '$serial', '$refresh', '$retry', '$expire', '$minimum', '$ttl', 'Y', '$xfer')";

to

$insert_data = "(`sys_userid`, `sys_groupid`, `sys_perm_user`, `sys_perm_group`, `sys_perm_other`, `server_id`, `origin`, `ns`, `mbox`, `serial`, `refresh`, `retry`, `expire`, `minimum`, `ttl`, `active`, `xfer`, `also_notify`) VALUES ('$sys_userid', '$sys_groupid', 'riud', 'riud', '', '$server_id', '$origin', '$ns', '$mbox', '$serial', '$refresh', '$retry', '$expire', '$minimum', '$ttl', 'Y', '$xfer', '$also_notify')";

Finish !

I hope this solution will be useful :D

4. Davide

Davide Member

falko:

Would it be possible to add these changes to ispconfig?

It would be really great to have "also notify" and "alow zone transfers" to dns templates.

Thank you!

** EDIT **
    Sorry, I've just seem it's in 3.0.4 roadmap

Thanks anyway

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011