DNS trash can

Discussion in 'General' started by RicochetPeter, Jul 12, 2006.

1. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

This is a continuation of this thread, as the topic has actually changed.

I was able to restore the data as of last night, 21:00. (I'm still quite a bit shocked that ISPConfig did that to me....!)

Still, the "bad" entry in the dns trash can remains. I allowed myself to take a look at the mysql database, and the record(s) that seem to have confused the whole system appear in these tables:
    del_status,
    dns_nodes and
    isp_isp_web,
    each with one occurrence of the domain, the latter being a whole web site with status "d".

Can I just delete those three records so that the problem will be gone?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What else did you expect if you put a website in the recycle bin and then empty the recycle bin. If you do this on windows or mac or linux, your files will be gone too?

NO, as there are some depending tables.

The question is why the system does not remove the "d" from the status, as this indicates that the entry shall be deleted byu is not processed yet, so it can not be deleted from the recycle bin.

Did you get any errors in the logfile /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log ?

3. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

Hehe, dear till, ISPConfig didn't delete the content of the web I tried to delete, but ALL content of ALL configured webs (luckily "only" some 20 of them).

There were some warnings, and the time when the "destruction" started can be seen (about 14:24).

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you post the warnings here?

5. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

...please see your forum PM.

6. falko

You have a lot of warnings there similar to these:

But I don't know why. :confused: Did you make changes in the ISPConfig database?

7. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

Nope, definitely not. I asked if I could (see beginning of this thread). These warnings happened during the "reinitialization" of the webs, and occured because the webs and user directories were actually already there. web10 f.e. in this example was never touched and nothing should have been done to it.

By the way, the resulting problem still exists:

There's that "dead" dns trash item which cannot be deleted, and that also recovers the old ISPConfig web when I press "recover". That's probably what I did back then and then I deleted the web and the dns entry again, which in the end led to the little disaster.

My problem remains: I cannot delete the trash item and I cannot re-create the web from scratch...

Edit: PS: All of this is ISPConfig 2.2.0

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  8. falko

Then I'm at my wit's end... :(

9. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

to say it with the famous words of some not so famous guy: "that, I can hardly believe" :D