dns update failing with error email

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by chief, Apr 17, 2024.

1. chief

chief Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hey all.
    multi server setup - ispconfig 3.2.11p2 - debian 12
    I am getting dns errors on changes im submitting, these come to my by email.
    Code:
    ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk - 17.04.2024-10:17 - WARNING - Falsche Anfrage / Wrong QuerySQL-Query = UPDATE `dns_soa` SET `rendered_zone`='$TTL        3600\n@       IN      SOA     ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk. dave.tlsystems.co.uk. (\n                        2024041702       ; serial, todays date + todays serial #\n                        3600              ; refresh, seconds\n                        600              ; retry, seconds\n                        1209600              ; expire, seconds\n                        3600 )            ; minimum, seconds\n;\n\nmail 3600      A          88.97.88.83\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      A          88.97.88.82\nwww 3600      A          88.97.88.82\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      CAA        0 issue \"letsencrypt.org\"\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      MX     10  mail.the-lair.co.uk.\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      NS         ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk.\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      NS         ns2.tlwebservices.co.uk.\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      NS         ns3.tlwebservices.co.uk
     .\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      TXT        \"v=spf1 mx a ip4:88.97.88.93 ip4:88.97.88.82 a:web01.tlwebservices.co.uk a:web06.tlwebservices.co.uk -all\"\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      TXT        \"google-site-verification=L82d23cyxwz5zDvD1BFDcEL4hfdHu3jVwCsG6KPY5ww\"\n' WHERE id='15' -> 1143 (UPDATE command denied to user 'ispcsrv5'@'ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk' for column 'rendered_zone' in table 'dns_soa')

plugins on panel / master

Code:
    root@panel:~# ls /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/
    apache2_plugin.inc.php
    mysql_clientdb_plugin.inc.php
    apps_vhost_plugin.inc.php
    network_settings_plugin.inc.php
    aps_plugin.inc.php
    server_services_plugin.inc.php
    backup_plugin.inc.php
    shelluser_base_plugin.inc.php
    cron_jailkit_plugin.inc.php
    shelluser_jailkit_plugin.inc.php
    cron_plugin.inc.php
    software_update_plugin.inc.php
    empty.dir
    webserver_plugin.inc.php
    firewall_plugin.inc.php
    z_php_fpm_incron_reload_plugin.inc.php
    ftpuser_base_plugin.inc.php

all servers have around 40%-50% used space - none at warning levels
    Hey all.
    multi server setup - ispconfig 3.2.11p2 - debian 12
    I am getting dns errors on changes im submitting
    Code:
    ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk - 17.04.2024-10:17 - WARNING - Falsche Anfrage / Wrong QuerySQL-Query = UPDATE `dns_soa` SET `rendered_zone`='$TTL        3600\n@       IN      SOA     ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk. dave.tlsystems.co.uk. (\n                        2024041702       ; serial, todays date + todays serial #\n                        3600              ; refresh, seconds\n                        600              ; retry, seconds\n                        1209600              ; expire, seconds\n                        3600 )            ; minimum, seconds\n;\n\nmail 3600      A          88.97.88.83\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      A          88.97.88.82\nwww 3600      A          88.97.88.82\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      CAA        0 issue \"letsencrypt.org\"\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      MX     10  mail.the-lair.co.uk.\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      NS         ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk.\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      NS         ns2.tlwebservices.co.uk.\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      NS         ns3.tlwebservices.co.uk
     .\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      TXT        \"v=spf1 mx a ip4:88.97.88.93 ip4:88.97.88.82 a:web01.tlwebservices.co.uk a:web06.tlwebservices.co.uk -all\"\nthe-lair.co.uk. 3600      TXT        \"google-site-verification=L82d23cyxwz5zDvD1BFDcEL4hfdHu3jVwCsG6KPY5ww\"\n' WHERE id='15' -> 1143 (UPDATE command denied to user 'ispcsrv5'@'ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk' for column 'rendered_zone' in table 'dns_soa')

plugins on panel / master

Code:
    root@panel:~# ls /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/
    apache2_plugin.inc.php
    mysql_clientdb_plugin.inc.php
    apps_vhost_plugin.inc.php
    network_settings_plugin.inc.php
    aps_plugin.inc.php
    server_services_plugin.inc.php
    backup_plugin.inc.php
    shelluser_base_plugin.inc.php
    cron_jailkit_plugin.inc.php
    shelluser_jailkit_plugin.inc.php
    cron_plugin.inc.php
    software_update_plugin.inc.php
    empty.dir
    webserver_plugin.inc.php
    firewall_plugin.inc.php
    z_php_fpm_incron_reload_plugin.inc.php
    ftpuser_base_plugin.inc.php

all servers have around 40%-50% used space - none at warning levels

2. chief

I logged in to panel phpmyadmin and looked at the users there.
    There i looked at user name = ispcsrv5 and host name = ns1.tlwebservices.co.uk, i have changed the password for both to be the same as the mysql password used in mysql 'root @ ip' + 'root @ hostname'. now the jobs are not completing..
    I BROKE IT..
    How do i change the password back, so panel can communicate successfully to ns1.
    And in relation to other user etc, what are "ispcsrv5" as there is a different user for each hostname and ip..

###EDIT###
    Ok, found where that password is located, i have now updated it and back working but with original error with the mysql - see original top post.
    the mysql user account in panel / master - ispcsrv5 location of this password is in each node in the following location's on each node.
    Code:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php
    Edit this file looking for section containing the username.
    This has to be the same in the file and on the master mysql databse users - making sure the user is exactly the same name on both - dont edit wrong user.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  3. chief

Just to confirm, the error im getting is in the form of an email from my ns1 server stating wrong QuerySQL-query = update.
    looking at phpmyadmin, dbispconfig -> dns_soa, there is indeed a record for that domain.
    So, is the original query malformed or incorrect ?
    Is this something i can ignore or as lots of domains i have, also have enabled the dns feature "Sign zone (DNSSEC)" ??

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do not edit the ispcsrv* users manually and do not set its password to the root password, as you found out already :) Must likely you updated ISPConfig without choosing 'Update permissions in master database' o at least one node, as this will update the permissions of the ispcsrv* users to make them compatible with the new ISPConfig version. Run an update on the server 5 where you have that issue with:

ispconfig-update.sh --force

and chose to reconfigure permissions in master database during the update.

The query is fine, the issue is that the ispcsrv* users have not been updated so that the slave node is not able to update this field on the master at the moment.

I can't say for sure what exactly will fail when the field can not be updated, might be related to DNSSEC.

5. chief

@till thanks for reply till, will get to it now

6. chief

@till
    That fixed it.
    Thanks

dave

till likes this.