do not list domain ... in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Bocki, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Bocki

Bocki Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi everybody,
    I'm probably doing something stupid here but could need some pointers as to how to do it correctly:
    I've set up ISPConfig with the server FQDN vs.server.tld.de. Now I would like to establish some e-mail-addresses under this domain, especially some "tecnical" ones as [email protected]. It's no problem to configure this via the webinterface but e-mails to this address get rejected with
    Code:
    Apr 11 10:52:19 vs postfix/trivial-rewrite[20516]: warning: do not list domain vs.server.tld.de in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains
    in /var/log/mail.log.
    What am I doing wrong and how should I do it instead? Thanks in advance!
    Best regards
    Andreas

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It shouldn't be in "mydestination =" in main.cf if you wish to use it.

3. Bocki

Thanks for your answer!

But may I remove the domain from main.cf without any side effects? As this system was setup "step by step" with ISPConfig there would be some reason for having the domain listed as mydestination?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to remove the domain from there as ahrasis mentioned above. Most likely you used a wrong hostname for the server, the ispconfig tutorials tell you to use a subdomain as hostname like server1.example.com, the hostname may not be the domain example.com itself as you wont be able to use example.com for email or websites then anymore.

5. Bocki

Hi Till,
    thanks for this clarification.
    I did use server1.example.com during setup (to stay with your example) but wanted to use an address [email protected] now. Thanks to your answer I now know that this isn't possible and I will switch to [email protected]1.example.com.
    Best regards