Does anyone have an idea (FTP connection problem)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Bloedi, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Bloedi

Bloedi New Member

I have ISPConfig installed und it works fine, but I can not connect to the FTP.

Pure-FTP was installed after ISPConfig.

My problem is that PureFTPd connects to the database and now correct table but it is not possible to login in ftp server.

My log files looks like this:

MySQL:

091015 17:34:16 156 Connect root@localhost on dbispconfig
    156 Query set autocommit=0
    156 Query SELECT password FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '1' AND username='paddy'
    156 Query SELECT uid FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '1' AND username='paddy'
    156 Query SELECT gid FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '1' AND username='paddy'
    156 Query SELECT dir FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '1' AND username='paddy'
    156 Query COMMIT
    156 Quit

Syslog:

Oct 15 17:34:15 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from auriga.webchance-net.de
    Oct 15 17:34:16 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [user] [paddy]
    Oct 15 17:34:16 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [pass] [<*>]
    Oct 15 17:34:16 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Authentication failed for user [paddy]
    Oct 15 17:34:19 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.

The password and crypt values in PureFTPd mysql config are correct but it is not possible to login in a ftp_user account.. :0( ..

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Run this query in the mysql db:

SELECT uid FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '1' AND username='paddy'

then you get a uid as result. Check if this uid exists in /etc/passwd.