Does Rspamd move spam to Junk folder?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Gertjan1911, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Gertjan1911

Gertjan1911 New Member

Hi,

I have successfully replaced amavis with rspamd following your tutorial, which is awesome!
    I do have a question though: if I check 'Move Spam Emails to Junk directory' under the Mail filter tab in the mailbox settings, will rspamd actually move the mail to the Junk folder? Because, as it looks right now, it just rejects all spam messages coming in.
    But as you might know, some services haven't set their mail up really well, and legitimate messages might be marked as spam. Will these end up in the Junk folder instead of being rejected?

(Wish there was a way to really test a spam filter..)

TIA,

-Gertjan

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Moving spam to the Junk folder is done by dovecot and not amavisd or rspamd, so it does not matter which filter you use for that functionality. Rspamd rajects only mails that got a score above the mail reject level. Rspamd is way more effective than amavisd, so it's normal that more spam is marked and rejected when you compare it to amavisd.

3. Gertjan1911

Gertjan1911 New Member

Thanks for explaining! Keep up the good work you're doing working on ISPConfig!