Domain Setup

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DirtyTodd, Jul 21, 2017.

1. DirtyTodd

DirtyTodd New Member

Hi Folks,

I followed this guide
    Installing a Web, Email & MySQL Database Cluster on Debian 8.4 Jessie with ISPConfig 3.1 @
    Code:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/installing-a-web-email-and-mysql-database-cluster-on-debian-8.4-with-ispconfig-3
    I have completed all the steps and everything is working fine now the problem is how to setup my three diffrent domains to work with this setup.

I want my three domain in following configuration
    1. XYZ.com as Main Domain with custom nameservers (ns1.XYZ.com and ns2.XYZ.com)
    Currently
    Code:
    I have changes A records at godaddy to match my servers IP addresses
    hostname of server 1 is server1
    A record server1 poining to master server IP address
    hostname os server 2 is server2
    A record server2 pointing to slave server IP address

server1.xyz.com and server2.xyz.com now lands at default apache page
    www.xyz.com gives DNS error.
    2. ABC.com as reseller domian having nameserver of main domain to manage DNS records
    3. ABC1.com as client domain to reseller domain ABC.com

I have attached ISPConfig Report for both the servers

I can share this report with proper IP Addresses and my domain names in case that helps.

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your server is fully installed when you followed the perfect server tutorials. so you can start right away to add your DNS records the way you outlined it.

3. DirtyTodd

DirtyTodd New Member

Thats what I want to know how. I have never used ISP Config before.

4. till

5. DirtyTodd

DirtyTodd New Member

Sorry for asking again and again I have installed the cluster as
    Master Server Hostname is server1
    Slave Server Hostname is server2

Now Godaddy Interface has changed and I am trying to add hostnames server1 to point to "Server 1 IP Address" and server2 to point to "Server 2 IP Address"
    or should I create A record in godaddy for server1 and server2 with respective IP Address.

I want to use private name server like ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com

6. till

I recommend that you keep the godaddy nameserver for your first domain and use your own dns servers for all other domains, so create a-records at godaddy for server1 and server1 and mabye even ns1 and ns2 as well if yu prefer that naming for the dns servers later. Then create the other domains in the ispconfig dns server by using ns1.firstdomain.tld. and ns2.firstdomain.tld as the nameservers in dns.