Domain suddenly inactive

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by felan, Sep 25, 2023.

1. felan

felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good afternoon.
    I got an odd one here. 3 times we've had this issue, where a domain suddenly is inactive and can't be reached. It says that it can't look it up on our dns servers... All other domains work fine.
    Has anyone ells experienced this and know why it might happen?

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the logs to see what happened and when.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you set a traffic quota for the website and the site reached ist quota and got therefore deactivated.

4. cajdavidson

cajdavidson New Member

I work with Mike - following up on this thread - nothing in the bind logs to indicate the issue here - nothing in the ispconfig logs either that I can see, disable and re-enabling the zone brings the site back online - is there anywhere else to check? No quotas set. Has happened on 5 different domains across 3 different servers, all using ispconfig DNS. Seems to be DNS related rather than site related.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you checked if the zone file is present in the BIND config directory when the zones become inactive, is it still there? If a zone gets deactivated by ISPConfig (which ISPConfig does not do on its own as there is no such thing as a quota job that might cause this), then you must find a record in the datalog history (see monitor module) where the column 'active' changes from 'Y' to 'N'.