Domain templates

Discussion in 'General' started by svdmon, Oct 21, 2011.

1. svdmon

svdmon New Member

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before which I'm sure it has, but how on earth do you set up domain templates in Ispconfig3? I've gone through the manual and Google but cannot find any way of doing it. I'm starting to think there is no way of doing it which would be hugely disappointing. Any advice is appreciated!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig uses templates on client / reseller level to define limits and restrictions for domains. There are no second level domain templates available yet.

3. eugenevdm

eugenevdm New Member

Could someone please explain to me in layman's terms what is the difference between templates and second level templates?

How does differ from what Plesk has (since I am trying to migrate from Plesk to ISPConfig)?

Final question with regards to templates, what if I have 100 x web sites:

10 GB Traffic
    1 GB Disk Space

and I want to update all limits to 20 GB Traffic, 2 GB Disk Space.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig applies limits on client level, not website level. In ispconfig you define how many websites a customer may have and which resources (e.g. traffic or diskspace) these websites may use in this client account.

A second level template would be a template inside of a template. as ispconfig defines resource limits on client level, a website template would be a second level template.

5. eugenevdm

eugenevdm New Member

Thank you - problem solved

Thank you for your prompt and timeous reply.

I consulted with our billing systems integrator and he informed me as we are pushing up of domains from our billing system WHMCS, so we don't need to concern ourselves with Domain Templates as the WHMCS add-on module already allows us to set limits and push them to ISPConfig.

The only occasion where this might be an issue is if we update our limits, which happens once every few years. Traditionally Plesk Expand has a template system that you can chance the limits once and it will reflect throughout the entire system. I guess we'll try to manipulate the limits directly in the database.