Domain without www points to server default

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Jun 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

I've got proper A records and domain responds find via nslookup, intodns reports no issues and ServerAlias is also on the Apache config.
    Despite this one domain does not resolve to proper /web folder but instead showing the server default page.
    Clicking via ispconfig the redirect to ssl and domain to www doesn't do anything as well, it keeps showing the default page without redirecting to www.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the vhost file, might be that the domain is not included there when the file could not be written due to other issues.

3. Stelios

What do you mean the domain is not included? The vhost is there and the ServerName has the proper domain.

4. till

Ok, so you did check it in the vhsot file directly and not in ISPConfig? The server hostname is also not nat www subdomain?

5. Stelios

Yes from ssh, not the control panel. Searching the file there is nowhere the hostname, only the domain name.
    Is there a chance to be related with ipv6?
    I'm asking as a friend on a different ISP cleared the browser cache and told me that he can see the redirect working but from my side it doesn't work at all, it just resolves to the hostname.
    From the server using lynx browser is also resolving wrong, to the hostname.

6. till

Yes, this can be related to IPv6. What did you set up there? Best option is to choose * in IPv4 field and let IPv6 field empty, this means the website is accessible on all IPv4 and 6 IP addresses by the domains and subdomains assigned to the site.

7. Stelios

I guess you mean from the control panel to update the IP and remove the IPv6. What about the DNS? I do have the AAAA record pointing to the proper ipv6

8. Stelios

@till I've done what you suggested and indeed is redirecting but it throws a SSL error as it tries to get a SSL from another domain.

9. till

Do you use an IP address instead of * in another website? You can not mix * and IP on a server, either all sites must use * or all sites must use an IP address.

10. Stelios

There are 4 sites on this server and all of them have the same IP (I got only one on the server) and also the same ipv6. It is only this domain that doesn't work.
    If I change all of them with * and blank to ipv6 those SSL how are going to resolve properly?

11. till

Apache resolved them by domain name.

12. Stelios

Thanks a lot @till, that worked. Is in it confusing? That problem rise only in a server which is hosted on a different network provider. All my other servers which are on a specific ISP they all got ipv4 and ipv6 setup and are working fine.

13. Stelios

@till when I did the changes with the * and nothing under ipv6 from a specific ISP the mobile devices cannot connect at all.
    Is it somehow related with this?
    It was working fine before that change.