Domain won't delete, New Domain Won't Add

Discussion in 'General' started by crypted, Oct 25, 2008.

1. crypted

crypted Member

For some reason, "gamewreck.com" continues to regenerate into the NAMED.CONF even though I deleted it out, and there is NO zone file. This causes my named to crash. It was a site that has been deleted from ISPConfig entirely.

From that, I tried adding a new domain "intrac.net" and it will not add the DNS zone files by itself. If I attempt to do it in the DNS Manager, it says that I already have DNS files created. But, they are not listed ANYWHERE on the webpage. I have to do it all manually in SSH.

How can I get the old domain to delete and get ISPConfig to add the DNS for the new one properly?

Intrac.net is a RE-ADDED domain that was removed several months ago.

After searching db_ispconfig via PHPMYADMIN I found numerous entries for the domains:

INTRAC
    1 match(es) inside table dns_a Browse Delete
    2 match(es) inside table dns_cname Browse Delete
    0 match(es) inside table dns_dep
    1 match(es) inside table dns_isp_dns
    3 match(es) inside table dns_mx Browse Delete
    1 match(es) inside table dns_nodes Browse Delete
    1 match(es) inside table isp_isp_domain
    1 match(es) inside table isp_nodes Browse Delete

GAMEWRECK
    1 match(es) inside table dns_isp_dns
    1 match(es) inside table dns_nodes

How can I remove all of the information for those domains without screwing up ISPCONFIG so that I can re-add INTRAC.NET successfully, and no longer have GAMEWRECK showing up?

THANKS a lot!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can delete Gamewreck from dns_isp_dns, dns_nodes and (possibly) dns_dep.

But please make a backup of the ISPConfig database before you try this.

3. crypted

crypted Member

Should I delete INTRAC from all of the locations its in as well? ISPConfig thinks that the domain EXISTS even when it doesn't anymore. I removed it so I could try and re-add it.

And when I delete GAMEWRECK (and possibly INTRAC) do I click DELETE from the search on PHPMYADMIN? Or, is there another specific way to delete it?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  4. crypted

crypted Member

Nevermind, I used NOTEPAD and deleted all of the rows with INTRAC.NET and GAMEWRECK.COM listed. Now, everything is working smoothly I think. I was able to re-add INTRAC without a problem!

Thanks.
    Thanks a lot ya'll.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008