domain_error_unique error when adding webdomain

Discussion in 'General' started by Thatsmej, Sep 23, 2016.

  1. Thatsmej

    Thatsmej New Member

    I`m using ISPConfig 3 for over a few years now. And i`m enjoying very much.
    But today i ran into an error that i cant get resolved.
    I`m using an multi-server environment.
    As of today i`m unable to create a web domain on server_id=1.
    It gives me the error:
    There is already a website or sub / aliasdomain with this domain name.
    There is already a subdomain with these settings.

    When chosing a different server. It works.
    I ofcourse verified that the domain doesnt already exists (even in the database). But even when i choose a random name (like it gives me that same error message.

    Changing it to the webserver with server_id=2 the domain is created without an error.
    I`ve tried to search the code on where it makes the check to reproduce the query/code but i cant find it (i`m not a programmer).

    I`ve also removed a few domains from server_id=1 but that didnt help either.

    Hope you can shed some light on this.
    if you need more info, please let me know.
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    I guess you have the domain module enabled. So the solution is to either add the domain first under Client > Domains if you want to use the domain module or you disable the domain module under System > Interface config.
  3. Thatsmej

    Thatsmej New Member

    Hello Till,

    Thanks for the reply.
    I went searching again today and found the problem.
    I think i`m unique in the problem.
    I found the file that contains the check which is "" and found the queries that where run in _check_unique.
    The check found a alias-domain with no parent_domain. (parent_domain_id=0).
    After removing that alias domain through the webinterface everything started working again.
    Not sure how it happend, i guess in an old version the check of removing an domain didnt check if there where alias-domains attached. And after an upgrade of the ispconfig interface it started giving errors.
    (We just dont use that server much to create new domains, so i might have been there for a while..)

    Hope it helps someone in the future.
    And keep op the good work!

Share This Page