domains limit in client module

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Jun 15, 2016.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    i'm currently attempting to migrate several servers to ispconfig using the migration tool, because of this, in
    system - interface - main config - domains, the option 'use domain limit in client module to add new domains' is enabled.

i'm not really imposing any limits at the moment, so the max number of web domains, web aliasdomains, and web subdomains are all set to -1 for every client.
    now i understand that clients won't be able to create their own domains with this, only select domains the admin has created for them from a drop-down list.
    but i'm logged in as admin, and i can't create any new domains, if i try adding a new website and start typing in a domain name, it empties the field as soon as i finish. so how am i supposed to add a domain then?

thanks
    lee.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to add them in the client module first.

3. nhybgtvfr

how? i must be missing something obvious, but i can't see anywhere to create them.

4. till

Click on Clients in the upper menu and then on Domain in the menu on the right side and then on "Add new domain" button.

5. nhybgtvfr

i don't have that option,
    i have clients, resellers, messaging and templates.

6. till

Then you might have missed to enable the domain module under system > interface config?

7. nhybgtvfr

ah, ok, got it now, i'd deselected the domain module earlier so that i could create the domain i needed to setup.

thanks.