Domains limit not enforced for resellers?

Discussion in 'General' started by mrvanes, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mrvanes

mrvanes New Member

Hi,

I'm using ISPconfig to maintain my DNS and Webserver as an admin and now I wanted to let a friend administrate his secondaries on my machine. So I created a reseller account for him with all services disabled except DNS manager, every amount set to 0 except slave zones, which I left at -1 (unlimited).

Now I test his account and to my surprise he is able to add Master Domains, and the counter cheerfully indicates he now has 1 of 0 DNS domains created.

It is not a big problem since I trust him not to abuse the rights, but I thought I'd let it know. I tested a max of 1 Master Domain, since I suspected 0 to be an exception in the code that wasn't handled. But even with max Master Domains set to 1, he can create 2 Master Domains (and the summary shows 2 of 1 domains created).

So either, I don't understand the limits, or this is a 'serious' bug in ISPConfig (2.2.18)?

If I go back to the limit page (as admin) and set the max back to 0, the interface correctly warns me that this user already has more than the limit # domains, so the check works on that part of the manager.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you been logged in with his account or did you test as you were logged in as admin?

3. mrvanes

mrvanes New Member

As I stated in the line "Now I test his account": I logged in as the reseller account, not as admin.

4. mrvanes

mrvanes New Member

*** bump ***