don't know if this goes here but I did not find any other (horde mail)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tlacaelel, Apr 15, 2009.

1. tlacaelel

tlacaelel New Member

I am trying to intall horde but I am new to this and don't know what to do, my website is in a shared hosting account, you can see the test.php at
    http://mail.chanaak.org/test.php

When I open the index.php i get the error "Configuration of Horde Groupware Webmail Edition has not been finished yet.

To finish the installation of Horde Groupware Webmail Edition and configure the application, please run php scripts/setup.php from the console."

You can see the actual page by going to http://mail.chanaak.org
    But I dont know what to do next, I am stuck, I tried reading the installation instructions at horde.org but I dont understand anything in their tutorial as Iam completely new to this please help me.

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

Well it seems to me that on shared hosting you do not have shell access so you will have to request you web host to run the shell commands for you to finish the installation.

3. tlacaelel

tlacaelel New Member

Can you tel me what exactly I should say to them, sorry but I dont really know what to tell them when I contact them

4. topdog

topdog Active Member

Just tell them that since u do not have shell access, they need to run those commands.

5. tlacaelel

tlacaelel New Member

Is there a place where I can get the list of commands that they need to run, I did see many on horde's manual but I dont know wich ones are needed

6. topdog

topdog Active Member

7. tlacaelel

tlacaelel New Member

I am sorry to say topdog but this has not been of any help, maybe I am not for this, my question was to get an answer a little more for non so tech savy, I did try going through that manual but it is just to hard for me to understand, that is the reason I came to ask otherwise I would have gone through the manual and donde it myself, thank you anyway for trying.