Don't see mysql5.initial.sql located in your web within the SQL folder

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by giganet, Sep 12, 2007.

1. giganet

giganet New Member

Hello Group...
    Following: http://www.howtoforge.com/roundcube_webmail_ispconfig

EDIT: I did locate the particular file within the RoundCube SQL folder and inserted it into the SQL query field and succesfully created the tables.

As I think about this particular installation method. I would have to migrate all of my clients email accounts to the RoundCube host to enable access the individuals email accounts wouldn't I?
    So their email addresses would change from [email protected] TO [email protected]...

Is there a way using Roundcube to retrieve email from another domain?

Thanks for the help...

Regards

----%< ORIGINAL POST SOLUTION FOUND >%----
    Am at step 7 presently...
    Now line 3 below is where I am stuck...

Once I logged into PHPMyAdmin I select the db from the DropDown, the screen changes and informs that there are no tables-
    Next I select 'SQL' tab which opens a SQL query window, where am i supposed to locate the file mysql.initial.sql in PHPMyAdmin to press the 'Start' button at?

I installed PHPMyAdmin using the PHPMyAdmin link found at ISPConfig: http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/phpmyadmin-2.11.0.pkg

Logged into ISPConfig Admin used: Managment => Update Manager => Update and placed the link from above into the URL field, then selected the URL RADIO and pressed Install, in just a moment ISPConfig said the installation was successful.

When I log into PHPMyAdmin though I see the following warn:

This seems to be a problem potentially, what would be the best thing to do?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Unfortunately I don't know enough about RoundCube to tell you... :(

Update mysql-client to version 5.

3. giganet

giganet New Member

Thank You Falko...

Not sure of how to update MySQL4 to MySQL5 so I searched the net and found: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2517.html

I tried this method but it made me nervous as it directly affected MySQL5, after I used the 'I' option when prompted by the installation to use main.in.php distribution copy it shut down MySQL and didn't change the MySQL version found in PHPMyAdmin.

I found after running the above procedure ISPConfig and PHPMyAdmin too was inaccessible until I restarted MySQL.

Could you give me a shove in the right direction to safely upgrade from MySQL4 to MySQL5 for MyPHPAdmin avoiding interfereing with the server version of MySQL5 which is serving ISPConfig presently?

Thanks allot Falko

Regards

4. falko

You only have to update the MySQL client, not the server. Which distribution do you use?

5. giganet

giganet New Member

Thanks Falko

The warn at PHPMyAdmin indicates:
    Code:
    PHP MySQL library version 4.0.24
    The server version is:
    Code:
    MySQL server version 5.0.22
    Ragards

6. falko

Which Linux distribution do you use (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, ...)?

7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@giganet,

Within the RoundCube configuration file file main.inc.php you can define the hostname. The default hostname is "localhost", definded by the line: $rcmail_config[’default_host’] = ‘localhost’; but if you need to pick up your e-mail from a different host, you can define a different hostname instead.

Alternative, you also can change the login screen, so your users can choose another host. If you are interested in this, have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13916&highlight=roundcube+login

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  8. giganet

giganet New Member

Thanks Falko

Sorry for the delay in response..

This server is running Ubuntu 6.06

Thank you very much!

9. giganet

giganet New Member

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of RoundCube with me Hans

I will take a look at the HowTo you referred me to .

Have a great day

Regards

10. falko

Try this to update the MySQL client:
    Code:
    apt-get update

apt-get install mysql-client

11. giganet

giganet New Member

Thank you Falko

I first ran 'apt-get pdate' then ran 'apt-get install mysql-client':
    When I log onto PHPMyAdmin I am still presented with the same version warn:

I've been searching through MySQL.com forum even and I have found relevant posts but no answers which provide a solution though?
    Have even tried posting my question there without response so far 36hours...

Regads

12. falko

Looks like there's no mysql-client v. 5 available for Dapper. You might try (at your own risk) to install the mysql-client package from Edgy or Feisty.

13. giganet

giganet New Member

Thanks Falko

Hmm, I think I can hold off until it is available for DD.

Thank you for your time and information regarding this post Falko, I feel the topic has been completed with this information.

Have a great day

Regards