dotNETCore App conflict or human error?

Discussion in 'General' started by niemand-glaumy, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Hello, me again!
    This is not a request for support with foreign software, I am just trying to figure out the issue - and a solution.

I am trying to install nopCommerce. This seems to be a dotNETCore App. I installed some dotNET stuff according to their install guide (apart from not using nginx but sticking to apache2).
    Then I unzipped it into the /web/ dir, created a service for it and it reports back running. Issue is when I try to access the URL it tells me 403 - Forbidden.
    I chown -R'd it to the correct client+group and it has all the "r-eadable" in it's permission settings.
    When I upload a standard-index.html it is displayed correctly.

So I am curious if a system setup with ISPC is maybe unable to run dotNET apps like that or if I need to add some line to my apache2 settings.

Thanks!

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

i've never tried it, but wouldn't you be better looking at instructions for installing it on an apache machine rather than modifying nginx instructions?

i looked at this one: How to Host ASP.NET Core App on Ubuntu with Apache Webserver - Tutexchange
    nothing seems out of the ordinary there, if you used the automated ispconfig install, you should definitely already have the required apache mods enabled.
    i'll assume the service was created properly and is working ok. there's nothing you've written to indicate otherwise.

so maybe it comes down to just the apache directives / vhost conf.
    in the instructions i linked to, the proxy settings look standard, but they've included some rewrite conditions/rules i've not seen elsewhere, maybe it's just those missing from your config?

Code:
    <VirtualHost *:80>     
      ServerName www.example.com     
      ProxyPreserveHost On     
      ProxyPass / http://localhost:5000/    
      ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5000/     
      RewriteEngine on     
      RewriteCond %{HTTP:UPGRADE} ^WebSocket$ [NC]     
      RewriteCond %{HTTP:CONNECTION} Upgrade$ [NC]     
      RewriteRule /(.*) ws://127.0.0.1:5000/$1 [P]     
      ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error-webnix.com.log     
      CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access-webnix.com.log combined  
     </VirtualHost>

niemand-glaumy likes this.
  3. Thanks for your reply, sadly, I didn't even find this topic anymore (I thought it was deleted because spambot flagged "dotNET", but maybe I was just blind). I will retry an installation on a more up2date test system later. It looked really good for my project, so I would have loved to use it.