dovecot default sent folder

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Aug 24, 2015.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello
    What's the config without the mail client software, recreate their own directory?
    I use Dovecot for info
    thank you

Mz

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The default sent folder is named "Sent" and it gets created by ispconfig with the maildirmake command when the mailbox is created.

3. misterm

Till you to understand my sentence?
    I'm talking about client software.
    Or you see in the sentence, the word ispconfig
    I'm talking about this:
    http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings
    Here is

thank you
    Mz

4. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

You know that this is the ISPConfig 3 priority forum – so of course it is assumed that you are talking about ISPConfig.

5. till

Your sentence is "What's the config without the mail client software". Do you know the meaning of the word "without"? Your sentence means that you ask for a solution that does not involve client software or in other words, a solution on the server and telling me then "I'm talking about client software." is just funny but is definately not that what you asked in your first post. You posted in the ispconfig forum so I assumed that you are using ispconfig and I've explained you how these folders get created. They dont have to be created by dovecot as they exist already on a ISPConfig server.

Fine, so there is no ispconfig installed on your server. In that case, you posted in a wrong forum.

6. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Beside this: you read "The mailbox settings are (...) create: Autocreate, but don't autosubscribe" in the wiki-link?

misterm likes this.
  7. misterm

We will not get excited

Yes I use ISPConfig, not in the same way that you ....

I use SOGo integration for the operation of the EAS with Outlook, so the question I paused on the self-creation of client software directories Mail.

That is why the question, how can I disable the operation of the self-creation.

Here is

Thank you
    MZ

8. misterm

I know I'm about paid support ISPConfig is why I paid a month to have a professional support and not to answer me through ...

9. till

Disable it where? In ISPConfig or in Dovecot?

misterm likes this.
  10. misterm

hello Till
    Dovecot Yes, that's why I had to add the link:
    http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings

But by adding and changing the database file, 15-mailboxes.conf:

I will not generate worries Operation pop / imap server?

Thank you

Mz

11. till

The file 15-mailboxes.conf is not used on an ispconfig server. The ispconfig setup uses just the /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file and there are no mailbox definitions in there as ispconfig creates them. So if you don't want that the mailbox gets created when you add a new mailbox in ispconfig, then you have to disable the ispconfig mail_* plugins by deleting the symlinks in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/

misterm likes this.
  12. misterm

I try to understand the meaning of your sentence, and does not take this as an "annoyance on my part" ...

You want me to remove the link of plugins in this directory:

Okay, and then what do I do?

What I mean, inside the plugin ispconfig there somewhere in one of the files, or you can disable auto-creation of the directory?

Thank you

Mz

13. till

When you disablethe mail plugins, then ispconfig will not create any mailbox directories, you have to take care on creating them manually then or use another software. I guess that's what you wanted?

misterm likes this.
  14. misterm

Till I do not want to disable it, I try to understand why a pity I can not say it in your mother tongue
    No kidding, that you can better understand what I say.

I'm not trying to disable the plugin and so, if I disable and I create an email user, who will create the directories, or ispconfig Dovecot?

Yours, Thank you for your help

Mz

15. till

It would be fine if you would just say it in english, maybe you should try to use google translate to translate the questions from your mother language to english. The problem is that you say the opposite in each second sentence, first you say that you dont want to auto create folders, then you say you want to autocreate folders.

So I'll show you the available options here now so you can pick the option that you want:

1) Autocreate folder: Do not alter your config, just leave it as it is.
    2) Do not autocreate folders: Run:

rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/mail_plugin.inc.php

to remove the ispconfig mail plugin. Off course, you will have to take care then to create these folders manually.

16. misterm

Till I google translate my sentences
    I am perhaps uncomprehending in my sentences

as here, I remove the symbolic link.

I ask you who does what, who ispconfig create directories or the fact dovecot

Do you respond to my question, NOT

Answers my question, thank you

Mz

17. till

I answered that question already in #2 of this thread. I'll cite my answer from above:

"The default sent folder is named "Sent" and it gets created by ispconfig with the maildirmake command when the mailbox is created."

18. misterm

Till Till Till Till Till Till Till Till Till

I understood this, I ask you, when the symbolic link is removed, which create when creating the user account

who takes the hand,

ispconfig or dovecot ...

You includes Till is Chinese for you

19. till

Read #15: I'll cite:

"Off course, you will have to take care then to create these folders manually."

So the answer to "ispconfig or dovecot ..." is:

Neither nor, you have to create them manually.

20. misterm

well I think we'll stay in the car, you have to win Till I parter for a proper answer and I find myself with a question mark at the end, without understanding and I still pays to have good support, hey not

Thank you

Mz