dovecot failures

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by alleks, Jan 30, 2011.

1. alleks

alleks Member

Hi folks, I hope somebody has a clue about this Dovecot error couse it's cousing mails not get to my account.

Code:
    open(/tmp/dovecot.deliver..1296404534.5430.443ca4d27f748436) failed: Permission denied
     i_stream_stat() failed with mbox file (read-only mbox stream): Permission denied
    Can't sync delivery mail: BUG: Unknown internal error
    Jan 30 17:22:18 ve postfix/pipe[5410]: 59C294708B36: to=, relay=dovecot, delay=155674, delays=155670/0.04/0/4.4, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)
    The thing is that I don't have anything in my /tmp, and how could I chage the destination/source of what dovecot is looking for to a different folder. I have some security restrictions on my vps to that folder

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which distribution do you use?

Which tutorial (URL) did you use to set up the server?

3. alleks

alleks Member

Debian - The Perfect Server Setup ISPConfig 3.

I am thinking of trying to upgrade, but I am afraid because I have mails not delivered and I do not wanna lose nothing.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I wonder why the error message refers to an mbox file because Dovecot uses Maildir. Did you follow the tutorial to the letter, or did you make any modifications?

5. alleks

alleks Member

Minor modifications for ftp and quota (because of my hosting), only that. No modifications for any email client/service

6. alleks

alleks Member

Fixed, by doing these steps. Any suggestions?

Code:
    mkdir ~/tmp
    mount --bind ~/tmp /tmp
    chmod 1777 -R /tmp/