Dovecot (Sieve) and email piping

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Blaasbalg, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Blaasbalg

Blaasbalg Member

Hello! :)

From what I've read on the internet it's not possible to pipe emails to a PHP script with Sieve out-of-the-box.

I came across a topic on this forum linking to a plugin called the 'Pigeonhole Sieve Pipe Plugin', which I tried to install (compile) on my server but that was just carnage. Nothing but hours of googling and lots of hair pulling. :p (This was some time ago, I remember being unable to find a specific package needed to compile).

So my question is, is there any other option to pipe emails to a PHP script (or perhaps a different way to make it work with Sieve?), or am I pretty much doomed?

Server setup:
    • CentOS 6
    • Dovecot 2.0.9
    • (ISPConfig 3 with Nginx)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I haven't used sieve for piping emails, so I can't help you with that topic. What you can do is that you use an alias to pipe emails (file /etc/aliases), the alias address is something like [email protected], so if the email gets received to a normal email address like [email protected] then add a forward to [email protected] in ispconfig and then add the pipe in /etc/aliases and run newaliases command to activate it.

Blaasbalg likes this.
  3. Blaasbalg

Blaasbalg Member

Brilliant! It's working like a charm! :)

Thank you till, and the best wishes for the new year! ;)