Dovecot sync issues

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rickbyronit, Jun 6, 2018.

1. rickbyronit

rickbyronit Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have numerous email domains with email accounts reporting the following error.
    dovecot: dsync-local([email protected]): Warning: Failed to do incremental sync for mailbox INBOX, retry with a full sync

doveadm replicator status '*' produces no fails on slave on either server.

I have Ispconfig 3.1.11 with Debian 8.9, With database replication, unison, and dovecot to sync emails this is a recent issue on a machine that has been in service for a long time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and as always thank you for your great work.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'm not using dovecot sync on my servers, so I can't help you with that. But maybe @florian030 has any experience with that kind of problem.

rickbyronit likes this.
  3. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

rickbyronit likes this.
  4. rickbyronit

Thank's Till

5. rickbyronit

Hi ztk.me,
    Many thanks I am running 2.2.13 so I will consider the backports, however I'm also having a read on the replication.
    Cheers

6. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

we have no problems with dovecot on jessie or stretch. check the status on both servers - are you really running one server as a slave or is this a "master-master" for dovecot?

7. rickbyronit

Hi Florian, thank you for your response.
    I believe it may be "master-master"

8. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think, you can ignore the warnings. I see this from time to time for a mailbox in the logs, too. I would say, as long as the replication state is ok (all mailboxes are in sync), don't think about it.

rickbyronit likes this.
  9. rickbyronit

Thank you Florian.