Dovecot / Thunderbird - new mail notification

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tuxlux, Dec 21, 2010.

1. tuxlux

tuxlux New Member

Since I moved all mail to my ISPconfig server running Centos 5.5 and Dovecot I seem to have lost new mail notifications in TB for Inbox. I have been using Dovecot in the past without any problems.

Tried to change some options in dovecot.conf regarding IDLE, but no luck so far. Dovecot version is 1.2.16.

Anyone has an idea about where to check more?

Thanks,

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Any errors in your mail log?

3. tuxlux

tuxlux New Member

Hi Falko,

No errors. Configuration looks fine.

I am trying to reproduce. Removed the maibox in Thunderbird and recreating it did not make a difference. So it looks related to Dovecot as well.

Notifications start to work again if I leave Thunderbird running, restart Dovecot, send a couple of mails to the account, click on INBOX so they show and delete those e-mails. Next new e-mail arriving shows the notification and all e-mail afterwards as well until I restart Thunderbird.

Weird stuff....

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  4. tuxlux

tuxlux New Member

To add to the above after some more debugging.

There are 2 mailaccounts in TB connecting to same server running Dovecot. After Dovecot gets restarted the first mailbox (so the first TCP connection) I select for reading gets the notifications. The second mailbox does not.

Tried with some changed login/imap settings in /etc/dovecot.conf, but no effect. Looks like it is imap/tcp related. Any pointers?