Downloading PHP format/Jumpy Cursor issue

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by Brightbelt, May 16, 2007.

1. Brightbelt

Brightbelt New Member

Hi,
    I'm on Ubuntu Studio and am downloading wallpaper from www.gnome-look.com . A lot of the images are downloaded in a PHP format. But I can't seem to find a way to access the image & open them. Any Ideas? I know it's probably a noobie type question.

The other thing is that when I type in text fields in Firefox (like right now), my cursor at times jumps around to a completely different area, and my screen jiggles up and down at times as well. Sometimes, I can barely complete a post.

I appreciate any help anyone could offer. I will add that I posted this in the Ubuntu forum and have only posted here because I seem to be getting no responses there.

Many Thanks for any help, Frank

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

That page seems to be a placeholder page. At least I can't find any wallpapers there.
    But normally you can right-click an image and download it to your computer, and then you can make it your wallpaper.

I could imagine that this is may be related to the Ubuntu Studio kernel.
    When you boot the system, can you select another kernel (I think you must press ESC at the beginning to get a list of available kernels)? Maybe that helps.