Drop the web_host default value='www' ?

Discussion in 'General' started by h8r, Feb 5, 2009.

1. h8r

h8r New Member

Hello,

I'm new to ispconfig.. I've just set up a server with CentOS, everything is working fine.. but I can't find from where I can drop out the default hostname for a site? This is very annoying problem because every time I update or insert a new site the hostname changes to its default value=www.

So If I don't want to use a hostname I had to clear the default value with firebug and then update the site settings. Maybe I'm wrong somewhere or I can't find this thing in the settings.. but if I have site with hostname www I have to change the username I use to log in squirrelmail..

here is the html I correct each time I save the site

<input class="text" type="text" value="www" maxlength="255" size="10" name="form[web_host]"/>

How can I drop this?

Thanks in advance,
    h8R

P.S. I'm using ispconfig2

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I haven't experienced anything like that. Are you using the latest ISPConfig 2 release (2.2.29)?

3. h8r

h8r New Member

Yes, I'm using this ISPConfig-2.2.29.tar.gz packet and its very very annoying. Not sure what to do... I've tried searching the form template and modify it manually, but really can't find it.

The problem with the hosts comes when the user logs in squirrel by his username+domain. I found there lines with www. in /etc/postfix/virtusertable

Maybe I should upgrade to ispconfig3?

p.s. I've built the entire system using this howto http://www.howtoforge.com/centos-5.1-server-lamp-email-dns-ftp-ispconfig

4. h8r

h8r New Member

mmm

I'm pretty sure the last message is spam.. admins please remove it, because of it nobody will help me :/

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The hostname field of a website can not be empty, thats why it is filled in automatically in case that you did not enter a value.

6. h8r

h8r New Member

thanks for the reply!

Hi, till! Thanks for the reply. So I understand.. I can't go without www. but my ispconfig doesn't creates server alias for the virtual host I setup. Also puts the hostname plus the domain in /etc/postfix/virtusertable and file looks like this

[email protected] web12_test
    [email protected] web12_test

So the user has to log with hostname+domain in squirrelmail. I will dig in the source code to make my modifications. Seems that howto is not finished, or nobody else happend to use squirrelmail with it :)

Have a nice weekend and thanks again!
    h8R

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats all fine as ISPConfig adds automatically a co-domain with empty hostnam if you have not set the limuts too low.