drupal setup with several vhosts

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by scherpenzeel, Jun 1, 2006.

1. scherpenzeel

scherpenzeel New Member

Hi I am trying to install drupal for testing it.

Now for start I only want to use it in one of my vhosts. How can I manage this.
    After apt-get install drupal al the files are now in /etc/drupal/
    But the vhost I want it in has the files in /var/www/the.test.site.com/

How to do this? Running debian / apache2 (vhosts in sites-enabled). php4 mysql.
    the drupal site is not very clear on this (for me..)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dont install drupal or any other CMS with apt when you use ISPConfig. Use the tar.gz files provided by the CMS projects instead.

The apt packages are not build for hosting enviroments with a large number of vhosts in different directories.

3. scherpenzeel

scherpenzeel New Member

Hi thanks for your advise. now I saw I may have post this in the wrong section since I do not use ispconfig..:) But the question remains the same.

How should I set up things when using vhosts. So my first VHost is my dedicated ip / domain al the others are sites they all are under /var/www/
    I have the vhosts settings in my sites-enabled

How to do this best. Or is there a howto available which is clear for my purpose?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

As Till said download the tar.gz from the Drupal web site and install it in /var/www/the.test.site.com/. There should be installation instructions in the tar.gz.

5. scherpenzeel

scherpenzeel New Member

OK Thanks I will give it a try.