Drupal/WordPress Installation on ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by DRAZY, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DRAZY

DRAZY New Member

Hello,

I'm new to the ISPConfig community (about 2 weeks now). After I used the Perfect Server Ubuntu 10.10 guide I've found setting up ISPConfig for hosting sites and mail services is very easy. I would like to start using ISPConfig servers in production environment and I'm interested in using content management systems like Drupal and WordPress on each individual site created on the server. I have not seen any specific documentation on how these installations are accomplished and was wondering if anyone can recommend a resource that will show me how to set up Drupal or WordPress on sites I create for each user space. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Just use the installation instructions that come with Drupal/WordPress. Web spaces created by ISPConfig are normal web spaces, just like on any other host.

3. John Ford

John Ford New Member

I have some experience installing both Drupal and Wordpress through ISPConfig 3.
    falko has been a great help to me in helping with ISPConfig 3. Its great software.

If you have specific questions regarding either of these two pieces of software for content management. You can PM me or post on this thread and I will see if I can help.

Hopefully this is alright with falko.

4. falko

Definitely! :)

5. cruz

cruz New Member

Hello John, I am trying to install wordpress on this setup. Do I leave the ip address with a *? I have set everything up, but can not get the install page to show up. with the domain or the ip address. I want to work on the site and get it ready then i will get a static ip. I have a dynamic ip now. Everything is able to work on my cliantbox.ispconfig,mail,vmware,phpmyadmin. Please help me. I have been fooling around on linux scince I found this site a few years ago, still learning every day. thank you

6. falko

Please select a fixed IP address instead of * in ISPConfig. You can add IP addresses under "System".

7. cruz

cruz New Member

Thank you. That worked.