Duplicate Email Address!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by pine1455, Feb 27, 2008.

1. pine1455

pine1455 New Member

Hi,
    I created a user with a name "a" and then deleted it,, then try to add username with the same name ('a') but got this error :

--------------------
    The user with the name a does already exist.
    Duplicate Email Address.
    -------------------
    I have nothing to my "recycle bin ".I use [DOMAIN]_ as a user prefix ... and it works without any problem ....

Any Idea?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please empty all recycle bin's. If you deleted a user, the user must be in the recycle bin until you empty it. Be aware that there is more then one recycle bin, so you should check all!

3. pine1455

pine1455 New Member

TNX for your reply,,,
    But I check all recycle bin,,, nothing found ... :confused:
    I also checked with admin user and my reseller user( the use who del a username!!)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check the file/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users if that user is listed there.

5. pine1455

pine1455 New Member

No such user in that file ...
    [root@server ~]#cat /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users |grep a
    [root@server ~]#

But I have my user in /etc/passwd !!!!
    [root@server ~]#cat /etc/passwd | grep mydomain.com_a
    mydomain.com_a:x:::::/dev/null
    and nothing in /etc/shadow .... getting confused :confused:

6. till

Maybe the configuration process was interrupted at the time the userw as removed.

Please run the following command on the shell to repair the passwd and shadow file:

pwck

7. pine1455

pine1455 New Member

TNX till for your help
    I run pwck and it removed that user entry... It seems that I should update some tables in ispconfig db ... ?

8. till

Yes, you will have to remove this ebntry manually from the databae. Please follw these steps:

1) make a backup of the sql database.
    2) Find the entry in the database table isp_isp_user were user_username = mydomain.com_a, write down the doc_id and doctype_id from this record. Now delete the record.
    3) Delete the record from the table isp_nodes where the doc_id and doctype_is are identically with the id's from the record in 2). There is just one record in this table that matches this criteria.
    4) Delete the record from the table isp_dep where child_doc_id = doc_id from 2) and child_doctype_id = doctype_id from 2) There is just one record in this table that matches this criteria.

NOTE: This information is for this special case, normally you should not delete any users from the database!