during install, mistyped sql password.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mwebb, Dec 15, 2005.

1. mwebb

mwebb New Member

installed linux using the instructions from "The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 4" once i completed that i downloaded and untared ispconf. ran ./setup and everything was going fine, finally it ask me for my sqlserver i typed localhost then it ask me for my sql password, here i made a big mistake. i typed in the wrong password. the script end at that point. i followed the instructions and deleted everything in the install_ispconf folder. then i untarred and ran ./setup again. this time it never ask me for any of the info about mysql or my hostname or anything elese. it just quit. the install_ispconf folder is gone but i have new folders under /root and /home. it maybe that ispconf installed but the settings will be incorrect or maybe it did'nt install at all. can someone tell me how to get back to the starting point of untarring and running setup again ?? also another question, "The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 4" setup two ip addresses 192.168.3.4 is the real one 192.168.3.3 is a vitural ip address, which one should i use when ipconfig ask me about the ip address ???

2. mwebb

mwebb New Member

just noticed that someone elese did the same thing as me. trying deleted the folders in root and home, trying again. still don't know which ip address to use.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It doesn't matter which one you take. BTW, I mentioned the virtual IP address in the tutorial just as an example how you do it if you need it. The virtual IP address is totally optional.