e-mail questions

Discussion in 'General' started by ignasigarcia, May 25, 2009.

1. ignasigarcia

ignasigarcia New Member

Hi there!

we've been using ispconfig3 on a couple of servers for more than a month now. I have a couple of questions related to email configuration?

1.- How can I configure an email account so that automatically sends a copy of any incoming email to another account (not forward, but cc)?

2.- I have in /etc/aliases an alias as this: postmaster: [email protected], with the hopes that all email sent to [email protected] would be sent to [email protected]. This used to work with our previous isp panel, but not with ispconfig. any hints on how to make it work?

Thanks

Ignacio

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) There is no cc function. But you may use forwarders for this. Youst create 2 forwarders for this email address, one that send the email to the mailbox and the second one that sends the email to the other address.

2) Make sure you configured /etc/aliases in postfix main.cf.

3. ignasigarcia

ignasigarcia New Member

Thanks, that worked.

Till, I'm still having problems with this: my /etc/aliases is declared in main.cf and it looks like this:

# See man 5 aliases for format
    postmaster: [email protected]
    clamav: root

I did newaliases. all ok. I execute echo "hello" | mail [email protected] and it delivers it to /var/vmail/myvirtualdomain.com/postmaster, and I never created that account in ispconfig3 and it is not listed either. the mail was never delivered to the account stated in /etc/aliases

is that normal?

Thanks for all your help.

Ignacio

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, then the aliases seem not be recognized in this virtual user setup. Maybe there is some kind of virtual aliases, you might have to look into the postfix documentation if there is a different solution for virtual users.