E-mail was working, now having trouble

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tobz, Nov 6, 2007.

1. tobz

tobz New Member

I performed my install following "http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_centos_4.4". I had the web-server, e-mail and everything working properly for months now. All of a sudden, I am getting e-mail errors:
    The Postfix program

<[email protected]> (expanded from
    <[email protected]>): can't create user output file. Command
    output: procmail: Error while writing to "/var/mail/web19_tj"

I don't have any size limit set, I am not out of disk space, and the e-mail was working just fine for the longest time before.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the other e-mail users are receiving their mail just fine. It's just my account. Through ISPConfig, I setup my problem account to forward to my gmail, so I am getting e-mail for now.

Any thoughts?

2. erebus

erebus New Member

1) You are not using Maildir?

2) Maybe a permissions issue?

3. tobz

tobz New Member

1) No, should I? And also, is it a fairly simple to switch a live production server to that setup?

2) I will check into this, I just don't understand why it would work before, and not now. I don't believe I changed any permissions.

4. erebus

erebus New Member

Well the "perfect server setup" I've followed clearly stated to use Maildir upon setting up the box and ISPConfig. That's why I asked.

Check your permissions and we'll see.

Also try to delete your mail account and recreate it.

5. tobz

tobz New Member

Thanks for your help. I found the Maildir checkbox, and feel unintelligent for rushing past it in the first place.

I appreciate your time! Everything works properly.

-tobz