Eaccelerator or xcache?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by livetv, May 23, 2014.

1. livetv

livetv Member

Hello,
    debian-6.0-x86_64

i installed eAccelerator according to - http://www.howtoforge.com/eaccelerator_php5_debian_etch

every thing build succsefull, no error but i get in the web path -

ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error!

so i delete the .htaccess but didnt any result,

so went to /var/log/apache2/error.log - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-FEvWGrt_22BywCBdsRA8ompAzkxWvksFc651Ej3u-E/edit?usp=sharing

and i realised that Xcache is enabled in my php...

" [error] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web5/.php-fcgi-starter(20462) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11
    PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/ps.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/apc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    eAccelerator: Unable to change cache directory /var/cache/eaccelerator permissions
    PHP Warning: Cannot load module 'XCache' because conflicting module 'eAccelerator' is already loaded in Unknown on line 0
    [Fri May 23 05:56:19 2014
    ] [notice] EACCELERATOR(20543): PHP crashed
    "

My question is what better to use on - vps debian-6.0-x86_64
    Eaccelerator or xcache?
    and how to deal with the ERROR 500?

Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I recommend to use either xcache or apc/apcu. eaccelerator is not under development anymore for quite some time if I remember correctly.

-Uninstall eaccelerator
    - edit the files /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/ming.ini and /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/ps.ini and replace the "#" at the beginning of the line with ";"
    - If there is a file for apc in /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/, then delete that file.
    - Restart apache.