Easiest Way to Synchronize Database On Slave Server With Existing Data

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jaypabs, Dec 1, 2022.

1. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

In ISPConfig 3 manual, you need to export the database from master server then copy and import it on slave server.
    Besides this, is there an easiest way to synchronize the existing database from master server to the newly created slave server without exporting and importing of existing database?

Like configuring MySQL slave server for replication and pull the data directly from master server overwriting all the data except dbispconfig2 table.

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Are we talking about a ISPConfig multi server setup? You don't have to export/import any database for this. See this guide for example.

3. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

Hi,
    I think this guide is for new server only. Mine has an existing database already.
    This is what I'm going to do. I already have two servers both acting as masters. I need to upgrade the second server with higher specs. So the new server will have the same software like MySQL, Nginx, PHP, Mail server, etc.

4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

So you want to deploy a compltly new machine and copy over all the data from the old one?
    Then the ISPConfig Migration Toolkit is what you are looking for

5. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

No. I will simply add a new server in replacement for the second server.
    Server 1 and Server 2 both act as master server. Hence, a master<>master server. I want to remove Server 2 and replace it with a new one.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, especially the ISPCopy Tool which is part of the Toolkit. But The tools are not specially made to deal with MySQL master/master setups, so there is definitely some manual work involved getting this to work. Maybe you should consider contacting @Th0m here if you need help directly.