EBox like a gateway - firewall - traffic shaping, etc...

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by lucho115, Aug 3, 2010.

1. lucho115

lucho115 New Member

I like ebox but for do a gateway i think that it have a huge memory footprint, and in other hand you cannt install it without "x" and "firefox", and a lot of more software, if you choose gateway ( or just "network" in advance mode) you get x, firefox, users, etc... and for a gateway-firewall nobody needs all this things, and like i say before it consume a lot of memory in packages that you donnt will to use. If i am wrong and anybody knows how to install ebox just like a gateway, please let me know.

thks, and sorry about my english.
    bye

2. lucho115

lucho115 New Member

Anybody here???? please help me.
    bye

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

4. lucho115

lucho115 New Member

Yes falko, the ebox iso 1.4.2 install "x" and "firefox" by default, and doesnt care if you only select gateway, also a lot of packages that you dont use in a gateway server.
    Respect to ipcop, this distro is dead, instead of ipcop there is a fork called ipfire, anyway ipcop/ipfire have not support for multiwan ( i need multiwan and other features that only have ebox).
    So, the question is, there is a way to install ebox without all these unneeded packages?
    thks and sorry about my english.
    bye

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I can't tell, but maybe you can uninstall the desktop or configure the system to not start the desktop.