editing ftp-user templates.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by 3cwired_com, Jun 1, 2009.

1. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

Ok under the sites tab, where it gives the option to add an ftp user. I know as an administrator, it gives you the tap for 'options' which allows the different paths.

I would like my users to be able to edit the path as well for any user they create. I took a look at the templates but was unsure as to where to make the changes where it would give an options tab to the users for ftp-user.

Please advise, thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a good reason that the path is only editable by the admin. If you do that you totally open up your server for everyone that has an FTP account.

3. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

ok, well here is the situation, other hosts do this, but they let the user change the path under their own site root. If it is possible to make it where the users site root is predefined and then they can put their sub users anywhere under their own site root then this would be great. This is one of the main reasons why i even switched to ISPC3 in the first place, and I even asked this a while back:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32457

Bottom line is, this is a must have feature to some degree, and if one(one being a regular user) could somehow point and click and at least enter in the directory under their own root at their own leisure, then the admin, no longer needs to be contacted to do something as simple as this.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer