Egroupware install

Discussion in 'General' started by bernholdt, Feb 20, 2008.

1. bernholdt

bernholdt Member

Hey and tanks for a great Forum :D

I am trying to install Egroupware on a virtual host on my ISP webhost. When i start the install and run installations test i get the following warnings

1.) Checking php.ini: mbstring.func_overload = 7: ini_get('mbstring.func_overload')='0'
    The mbstring.func_overload = 7 is needed to fully support unicode (utf-8) or other multibyte-charsets.
    *** Please make the following change in your php.ini (/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini): mbstring.func_overload = 7
    *** AND reload your webserver, so the above changes take effect !!!

2.) Checking php.ini: magic_quotes_gpc = Off: ini_get('magic_quotes_gpc')='1' = On
    magic_quotes_gpc is needed by: felamimail.

3.) Checking extension pgsql is loaded or loadable: False
    The pgsql extension is needed, if you plan to use a pgSQL database.

4.) Checking extension odbc is loaded or loadable: False
    The odbc extension is needed, if you plan to use a MaxDB, MsSQL or Oracle database.

5.) Checking extension oci8 is loaded or loadable: False
    The oci extension is needed, if you plan to use a Oracle database.

6.) Checking extension ldap is loaded or loadable: False
    The ldap extension is needed, if you use ldap as account or contact storage, authenticate against ldap or active directory. It's not needed for a standard SQL installation.

7.) Checking PEAR::Auth_SASL is installed: False
    PEAR::Auth_SASL is needed by: EMailAdmin, felamimail. You can install it by running: pear install Auth_SASL

8.) Checking PEAR::Net_IMAP is installed: False
    PEAR::Net_IMAP is needed by: FeLaMiMail, felamimail. You can install it by running: pear install Net_IMAP

9.) Checking PEAR::Net_Sieve is installed: False
    PEAR::Net_Sieve is needed by: felamimail. You can install it by running: pear install Net_Sieve

10.) Checking PEAR::HTTP_WebDAV_Server is installed: False
    PEAR::HTTP_WebDAV_Server is needed by: Filemanager. You can install it by running: pear install HTTP_WebDAV_Server

11.) Checking PEAR::Log is installed: False
    PEAR::Log is needed by: SyncML. You can install it by running: pear install Log

Now my question is should i just go ahead and fix the following errors as suggested or will it have any effect on the websites allready hosted ?

My system is based on Debian Etch and im running the latest version of ispconfig 2.2.21

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The other sies should not be affected if you set the php settings as php_admin_flag or php_admin_value settings in the apache directives field of the website. The additional pear modules should not have a negative effect on the other sites.

3. bernholdt

bernholdt Member

Tnx

Worked like a charm .

I am wondering is there a complete list of admin_php_flag & php_admin_value
    That can be used as a reference.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Take a look here: http://de.php.net/configuration.changes