email account disabled from recieving and sending email , cant re-enable

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Paul Hill, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Paul Hill

Paul Hill Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    Recently installed ispconfig3.1 on ubuntu 16.04 with apache , dovecot , roundcube etc .
    it work well but have a few puzzles ...
    certain email account become disabled from sending , receiving and cannot seem to be re-enabled in the email account interface .
    this happens if an account attempts login through roundcube but from the wrong web domain on the server .. or the mail account reaches it's quota , which i found out quickly by transfering data from another server imap account onto this new server .
    increasing the quota did not allow the account to be re-enabled .
    the only way to fix it so far is to delete the account and recreate it which if using imap is a huge pain .

Last issue , i can use www(dot)mydomain(dot)com(slash)roundcube for web mail but these is no alias to use www(dot)mydomain(dot)com(slash)webmail ... is this an oversight ? or did i screw something up in the installation ?

Paul

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

For the first problem, you might want to try resync tool within your server config.

For the second problem, you have to check whether you have added webmail as an alias in the roundcube conf file that is use by apache2.

3. Paul Hill

Hi Ahrasis
    resync does not fix this , I just changed the quota on one of the mail accounts and that effectively banned that account from receiving and sending and i cannot reverse that at all , wondering if one of the Devs could chime in here please to let me know how to tackle this issue ?

Ill fix the roundcube alias today when i get the chance :)

Thanks

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you have made changes and resynced but that didn't work, I haven't got any new suggestion for you.

If you need proper quicker support you need to be a subscribed member and posted in the relevant board. Otherwise, you just have to be patient and crossed your finger while waiting in here.

Hopefully you resolve you post quota and roundcube problem soon.

5. Paul Hill

Took your advice , thanks Steve , ill copy this over to Priority :)