Email activity from www-data?

Discussion in 'General' started by demortes, Oct 14, 2010.

1. demortes

demortes Member

Greetings,

Is it normal to see email being sent from and to the user www-data with ISPConfig 3? The mail folder is blank, which means something is reading it.

It literally scared me into shutting down my previous iteration, thinking a hacker had gotten into my server (there was some getmail activity too...)

This leaves me to my next question as well, is there any way I can just shutdown the smtp email side and still have PHP scripts work with sendmail, etc?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. demortes

demortes Member

Looks like I found it, it's being sent this message over and over:

Error: SiteDomain parameter not defined in your config/domain file. You must edit it for using this version of AWStats.
    Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

ISPConfig 3 may have not configure this properly?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that you have installed the awstats package of the linux distribution before you turn on awstats support for a website. If you did not install the package first, then this error can occour. In that case, install awstats package, then turn of awstats in the settings of every website and then turn it on again.

4. demortes

demortes Member

It was installed. I found the file for configuration. I don't think ISPConfig is configuring the SiteDomain property. Or didn't for me anyway.

5. till

Please do what I suggested to you and select webalizer again and then awstats. Then check after a few minutes if the domain configuration file has been created in /etc/awstats folder.

6. demortes

demortes Member

Problem is, I did do what you said. I also did the modification mentioned, now I'm getting this...

Create/Update database for config "/etc/awstats/awstats.conf" by AWStats version 6.95 (build 1.943)
    >From data in log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log"...
    Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log" : Permission denied
    Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

I do see the file awstats.dethlefsmoreno.com.conf (although nothing was using awstats before my changes to ISPConfig, dethlefsmoreno.com is now.)

7. till

Ok, thats good so far as the awstats.dethlefsmoreno.com.conf is there. Statistics are created once a night, so the awstats statistics should show up tomorrow morning.